Action Team: A High School Volunteer Program
Calling All High School Students!
Youth Action Team is designed to build character, cultivate
leadership & inspire collaborative thinking through volunteering
What is Youth Action Team?
Made possible by Volunteers of America and the Major League Baseball Players Trust, Youth Action Team is a group of high school students who want to make a difference in their communities. It is designed to build character, cultivate leadership, and inspire collaborative thinking through volunteering. Each month, team members volunteer in their neighborhoods -- typical projects include: serving food at the soup kitchen, helping with the distribution at the food bank, throwing birthday parties for children, and mentoring runaway teens. Members also engage in monthly leadership trainings where they take part in character building activities and meet influential leaders in the community.
The Western Washington Action Team:
The Western Washington Youth Action Team is made up Snohomish County high school students that want to volunteer. Together, we make a difference in the community. We participate in leadership
& character building activities, listen to influential guest
speakers & volunteer locally!
The 2011-2012 Western Washington Youth Action Team
• Collected over 1,260 toys for kids in need for the holidays
• Painted a mural at the Everett Food Bank that was designed by the 2010-2011 Youth Action Team
• Made over 600 Valentines for seniors in Snohomish County
• Received $10,000 in college scholarship money from the Major League Baseball Players Trust
• Helped sort and package bulk food for Holiday Boxes resulting in over 5,000 Holiday boxes
being distributed to families in Everett
• Feel great about helping the community!
• Fulfill volunteer hours for graduation
• Opportunity to receive a $2,000 college scholarship
• Receive a Youth Action Team t-shirt
• Get a personalized letter of recommendation for college
• Meet teens from other Snohomish County schools
• Must be a Snohomish County High School student (grades 9-12) (Do you attend school in King County? Email email@example.com)
• Submit a Youth Action Team application
• Make a commitment to the Youth Action Team for one year (3-5hrs/month, August – May)
• No fees & No GPA requirements
• Attend a leadership meeting on the fourth Saturday of each month in Everett
• Have a passion for giving back!
More info on the Youth Action Team can be found on their Facebook, Twitter, or blog.
Complete the Action Team Captain Application and return to this address:
Volunteers of America
ATTN: Katie Prettyman
P.O. Box 839
Everett, WA 98206
Or email a scanned copy/fax your application: firstname.lastname@example.org; 425-258-2838.
Questions? Contact Katie Prettyman at email@example.com or 425-259-3191.
Resources for This Section