Renter Certification Trainings
- Do you have a problematic rental history?
- Are you being denied housing and you're not sure why?
- Are you familiar with your rights as a tenant?
Renter Certification & FAIR HOUSING Training:
Knowledge is power. The more tenants and landlords are familiar with their rights and responsibilities, the easier it will be for both to ensure their needs are met. Taught by specialists in Landlord-Tenant and Fair Housing, our Renter Certification & Fair Housing training will introduce you to the following:
- Rights and responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants
- Fair housing laws and how they apply to you
- What landlords look for in the screening and application process
- Soft skills to help stabilize housing and minimize evictions
- Community resources to assist Tenants in successfully obtaining housing
Participants receive a certificate upon completion that entitles them to free Landlord-Tenant mediation and boosts their rental resume.
At WorkSource Everett (3201 Smith Ave Everett WA 98201) on the following dates:
- October 12, 2016 | 1:30pm-3:30pm (Suite 110)
- November 10, 2016 | 1:30pm-3:30pm (Suite 110)
- December 12, 2016 | 1:30pm-3:30pm (Suite 310)
At WorkSource Monroe (17150 West Main St. Suite B Monroe, WA 98272) on the following dates:
- (In Spanish) October 4, 2016 | 1:00pm-3:00pm
At WorkSource Lynnwood (18009 Highway 99, Suite A Lynnwood, WA 98037) on the following date:
- October 6, 2016 | 1:00pm-3:00pm
- November 3, 2016 | 1:00pm-3:00pm
- December 1, 2016 | 1:00pm-3:00pm
At Arlington Community Resource Center (18308 Smokey Point Blvd. Arlington, WA 98223) on the following dates:
- October 24, 2016 | 2:00pm-4:00pm
At Goodwill in Marysville (9315 State Ave. Marysville WA 98270) on the following date:
At Granite Falls Family Resource Center (9424 Portage Ave Granite Falls, WA 98252) on the following date:
- November 1, 2016 | 2:00pm-4:00pm
At Housing Hope - College of Hope Learning Center (5908 Evergreen Way Everett WA 98201) on the following date:
- November 2, 2016 | 6:30pm-8:00pm
At Housing Hope - Take the Next Step (202 S. Sams St. Monroe WA) on the following date:
At other locations:
- To Be Announced - (If you work with tenants and would like us to provide a training at your location, let us know!)
Rental Barrier Identification & Rental Resume Development:
If you have been denied housing, completion of the Renter Certification training gives you access to free one-on-one meetings with DRC staff to review your rental history and create a plan for securing housing. That plan may include helping you identify rental housing barriers, mediating past debts, attending budgeting classes, identifying affordable housing and exploring community resources.