Become a Voice in Your Community
What is Volunteers of America Western Washington's Speakers Bureau? Establishing a network of speakers - a Speakers Bureau - can help our organization to achieve its mission by raising awareness of its programs and services, recruiting new volunteers to serve within our programs, help build recognition of the organization as a lead Humans Service organization in the community, and helping to encourage potential donors to contribute financial support.
By serving within our Speakers Bureau, you will help increase the voice of Volunteers of America Western Washington while providing new avenues of service and partnership within the six counties we serve.
Goals of the VOAWW Speakers Bureau:
- Raise awareness of Volunteers of America Western Washington’s mission, programs, and services areas.
- Broaden the understanding to the community of the importance of the programs and services offered by Volunteers of America Western Washington and their life changing impacts.
- Educate the community about the six core integrated services that bring stability, show compassion and empower the clients we serve.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Encourage potential donors to financially support the Agency’s efforts.
Roles and Functions of the VOAWW Speakers Bureau:
The Speakers’ Bureau should include individuals who have an interest in fulfilling one or more of the following roles:
- Providing information to a professional audience
- Providing information to the general public
- Providing information in support of fund raising activities
- Providing information and importance of need to potential volunteers
The Speakers’ Bureau volunteer may be called upon to represent the Agency at a variety of events. Speakers should be matched with audiences to take advantage of their expertise and the audience’s needs. For example, if a volunteer expresses an interest in speaking to a group who are interested in our Basic Needs programs, he or she must be involved in some aspect of the basic needs services areas or have gone through the proper training required to speak with knowledge of the area.
It is important to remember that speakers represent the Agency and will be expected to answer questions about our programs and activities. Therefore, all members of the Speakers Bureau are encouraged to participate in the training session.
Staff is responsible for providing our volunteers with current information about the Agency and its activities.
For more information regarding the VOAWW's Speakers Bureau, please contact email@example.com.