We are still Enrolling Students for Preschool for the 2020-2021 School Year!
Children who will be 3 or 4 years old on August 31st may qualify. Please see below for more information and to apply.
In response to COVID-19, our classes are fully remote at this time as we start the 2020/2021 school year.
However, remote doesn't mean isolated! Our teachers use Google Classrooms to keep the learning going and minds engaged. You can watch a brief overview of what it's like to access Google Classrooms here. In addition to academics, our ECEAP staff have always supported our students' families to ensure they have what they need to grow and succeed together. We proudly continue our family support in the following ways:
- we provide home connection materials to students for hands-on learning
- we regularly deliver food to our families
- we connect our families with the resources they need, including COVID-19-specific funding through VOA's North Sound 211 program
- we stay in contact with our families regarding any challenges or needs they have
Why preschool? About half of the children in the United States start kindergarten unprepared.
Children who live in low-income and unstable homes are the most at risk for not being school-ready. Volunteers of America Western Washington improves these risks by offering Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) preschool programs in Everett and Sultan. To learn more about ECEAP programs, please click here.
Compared to similar children who do not attend, children in ECEAP preschools are:
- healthier when they start kindergarten
- more likely to graduate from high school and go onto college
- more likely to be employed and to earn more as an adult
- less likely to be in special education or repeat a grade in school
- less likely to become pregnant as a teen
- less likely to become involved in a crime
Trailside ECEAP Preschool
- 1300 B 100th Pl SE, Everett, WA 98204
- Robin Hoover, Senior Director of ECEAP Services
Sky Valley ECEAP Preschool
- 605 1st St, Sultan, WA 98294 (physical address)
- PO Box, 268 Sultan, WA 98294 (mailing)
- Jessica Marburger, Program Manager
- For more information on our ECEAP program, please contact Senior Director of ECEAP Services Robin Hoover:
- Phone: 425.249-2170