Don't need it?

Donate it!

Why donate?

Donating your car to Volunteers of America Western Washington helps continue programs that directly impact families in the communities we serve. Your donation is fully tax deductible, and unlike many other vehicle donation services, 100% of the proceeds received remains with our organization.

How does it work?

Fill out the donation intake form
We will contact you to confirm details
The transporter will arrange pickup
Claim your tax deduction

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of vehicles do you accept for donation?

We are able to accept the majority of cars, trucks, minivans, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, and scooters. Unfortunately, due to towing and storage issues, we are no longer able to accept boats, trailers, fifth wheels, forklifts, or RVs.

How does the tax deduction process work?

We strongly recommend that donors refer to the IRS publication A Donor’s Guide to Vehicle Donation for more information on vehicle donation and taxes. If your donated vehicle sells for more than $500 we will contact you to obtain your social security number (or equivalent identification for tax purposes) so that we can complete the IRS Form 1098-C. Note: Volunteers of America and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal, or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only. It is the donor’s responsibility to verify tax, legal, and accounting information and/or consult appropriate advisors.

When can you pick up my vehicle?

Pick up can typically occur within a few business days. If you are operating within a tighter time frame, please call us at 1-877-227-4862, and we can explore the possibility of a quicker pick up (subject to transporter availability).

Do I have to be present when my vehicle is picked up?

Our transporter is able to pick up your vehicle without anyone present. Please make arrangements with them directly when they contact you as to where they can find the keys.

I don’t know where my title is. What should I do?

Fortunately, you don’t need to go through the time, hassle, and expense of ordering a new title. You can visit any vehicle licensing office and obtain an Affidavit in Lieu of Title for a small fee. For a full list of vehicle licensing offices, visit the DOL website.

When will I receive a tax receipt?

We will send you the official tax receipt after the vehicle sells at auction. In the meantime, we are happy to provide you with a temporary tax receipt upon request.

Still have a question?


Lindsay Donovan

Vehicle Donation & Volunteer Coordinator